St. Mel ConferenceMISSION STATEMENTThe Mission of the St. Mel Parish Conference is to help the needy within our parish boundaries regardless of race, creed, political standing or origin. One of the basic tenants of the society is to help those less fortunate by satisfying their basic needs and providing them with dignity in the process.Society of Saint Vincent de Paul’s mission is to perform any actions that promote the dignity of the person and alleviate suffering and distress while correcting the conditions that cause them.Members strive to take part in spiritual development and formation based upon scripture, prayer, reflection, discussion and sacramental experience.Vincentians declare as their mission a positive effort to seek and find the forgotten, the suffering and the deprived so that they might bring them His love.You can access our services in person by visiting us at:St. Mel Parish Center20870 Ventura BlvdWoodland Hills, CA 91364
You can also leave a message on our dedicated line at:
818.340.6020 ext. 3001If you would like to obtain information on joining the conference, please contact Kent Gairdner, (818) 389- 2398.
What is our annual budget?All funds come from individual donations. We do not receive any money from the government or the Archdiocese. All of our members are unpaid volunteers.The list of services of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul is endless. No work of charity is foreign to the Society. To quote our patron, St. Vincent de Paul: "Charity is infinitely inventive."Some of the ways we serve:
You can access additional information on services and programs sponsored by the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul – Council of Los Angeles by visiting their website here
- Support weekly collection of food to sustain the mission of the Guadalupe Center Food Pantry
- Assist the needy on a daily basis by sponsoring a food scrip program (grocery stores and fast food), providing monetary assistance for emergency lodging, and payment of utilities and medication on emergency basis
- Provide case management and linkage to community and government resources such as emergency shelter and transitional housing, alcohol/drug abuse treatment, child care, employment services and more
- Organize a toy drive for the Christmas Giving Tree program that benefits needy children in the area
- Coordinate the Christmas Adopt a Family program, in which parishioners “adopt” a needy family in the area and provide gift cards and donate grocery certificates
- Supporting various programs at the Guadalupe Center for needy families in the area
- Care Pack Program provides basic necessities such as toothbrush, toothpaste, and soap, along with a message of hope to our brothers and sisters in need.
- Needy Cases - St Vincent De Paul, through its Needy Case Ministry, provides emergency assistance to those, who because of sickness, injury, job loss, or other situations, require help in meeting their bills.